The Holiest Church Cross Of Barranco, Lima - Peru

Barranco Peru In 1941, being a mayor Mr. Manuel Montero Bernales (1940-1947), considered the need to construct a new temple, because of that the former temple of the Hermitage remained very spoilt after the earthquake of 1940.

The manager of the work was the architect Humberto Guerra, putting the first stone on February 14th in 1944, like this on June 1st in 1963, in solemn ceremony, the Temple was inaugurated being blessed by the Cardinal Juan Landazuri Ricketts. It possesses a central ship and two wings, door of exit to the Municipal Park, plant in the shape of Latin cross, and domed roof, the front stands up for its neoclassic style.